
I've been working on getting ahead in my creativity class after being almost completely negligent in my homework completion tasks for the last six weeks! I now have three assignments left to be completely finished with the classwork portion. Although, I have been working on the creativity journal since the beginning. This class has been interesting and insightful, but the bookwork can get rather tedious. After scanning all of the chapters in order to decide what assignments I would choose to complete (two from each chapter), I've been going back through and completing them. In chapter 7, I came across an assignment on "intrinsic motivation."
Chapter 7: 1. "Think about your own intrinsic motivation. Are the things that motivate you consistent with Ambile's ideas?
Ambile's ideas: "This type of motivation underlies individuals' willingness to experiment, try new ideas, and explore new paths rather than seek the quickest route to any kind of closure. ... Classrooms must increase student autonomy... students must begin to develop their own ideas, judgements, and interests instead of always pursuing paths forged by their teachers. ... psychological safety...independence." (summary) I laughed after reading this description and told the teacher I was working with at the time, lol!
There were multiple options for completing the two assignments in this chapter. So, why did I choose this one? Well, it's because it seemed like the easiest and quickest way to get the assignment done! All I wanted to do was to get the assignment done. I love that this class has reawakened the drive to be creative, but that's all I really want to do: be creative and inspire others to let go of their fears over being right or wrong and allow themselves to be the creative beings that they are! "Homework" is not intrinsically motivating, at least not this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment